This committee’s purpose, role, and mission is to serve as the arena where pastoral and congregational concerns are heard, clarified, and addressed toward resolution and the encouragement of good communications and relationships.
- Support and maintain an open and healthy relationship between the members of the congregation and the pastor(s).
- Address issues and concerns referred to this committee by the pastor, president, and Church Council, or brought to our attention by a member or members of the congregation.
- Review the Constitution and Bylaws from time to time, or upon request, and recommend any revisions to the Council and congregation.
- Recommend policies to the Church Council concerning personnel, building usage, etc.
- Plan and conduct annual personnel performance evaluations of church staff members. A summary report of the results will be shared with the Church Council.
- Review sections of the annual budget assigned to this committee and propose salaries and program (office) allocations for the ensuing year to the Church Council’s budget committee.
- Interview students contemplating full-time Christian vocation and facilitate their application for status with the Northwest Ohio Association.
- Administer the Trinity UCC Scholarship/Seminary Fund.
- Recommend lay persons for possible training in the Association’s Lay School of Religion or for advertised positions in the Association and/or Heartland Conference of the United Church of Christ.
The committee meets on the first Wednesday of every month.